Monday, June 10, 2013

Amazing weekend

Dearest Friends-

This weekend was so much fun. I love to be outdoors. I love to watch the stars. They were beautiful and there were so many. I have always been in awe of the heavens. One day I want to go to space, I just am amazed at all of God's creations. Something tried to get into our cabin in the middle of the night, it scared the crap out of me and my friend Desi. There were only 3 of us in a cabin and we locked the doors. So no one could get in. I made some good friends and am in awe of people's strength and inner beauty.

So this week went way better than I thought it would. I was carrying a little water and thought for sure I would have little to no weight loss but I was very wrong. I was so excited. It made me want to keep doing well. Reflecting on this made a difference in how I view things. Each week I recommit to live the gospel. I partake of the sacrament and start anew. Each week is fresh and new and each week can be looked at with a renewed sense of hope. I am beginning to recognize the connections in other parts of my life and how when I treat myself better that I want to be better, that is all.

So for the number, I lost 4 pounds this week. I was so surprised and so happy with it. I will keep working hard and recommitting each week. I will reach my first goal in the next couple weeks!! Wish me luck!! 15lbs down and 5 to go to reach my first 20 pounds!! I am so excited to be so close to my first goal!!

Love you!

Keri!

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Keri, I love this post! Being outdoors and camping always helps me to feel closer to Heavenly Father and gives me greater perspective! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. How wonderful that you are making and achieving the goals you've set for yourself. Is there a specific program that you are doing?