Monday, November 29, 2010

The Meandering Mind

Hello Folks!

I hope you all had a pleasant holiday! Mine was good, good food, family, and time to relax. Even a little shopping. All in all a great Holiday! I have been thinking alot lately, I know, I know, me thinking, it always means trouble. So first, I never noticed that people notice me. I mean I am here and all, but I never felt like a looker, you know, the ones guys notice. I tend to pull my hair back alot, the other day I went to church with it down, and it wasn't the girls who noticed but the guys! I never realized that they noticed me, let alone paid enough attention to know I had done something a little different. It made me feel good. Guys should always compliment girls, they always take time to get ready, and they never hear how great they look. It made me feel like a million bucks!

Second, still worrying about my life. Why do we worry? I mean, really, I am a planner, and I like to know what I am doing, how things are supposed to work out. I remember as a young teenager worrying about money, how things were going to be paid for, and my parents never even really expressed those kinds of worries to me. It is odd I know. But really. I wonder, what if I wait for him to figure it out? How will God make it work? What if I am supposed to wait only for God to make something else work out? Where is my life going? Where will I be in 10 years? You know, these are all things I worry about. Some say live today, don't worry about tomorrow, because tomorrow will come whether I worry or not. But I do not know how to live that way. I live today, and worry about tomorrow, because only by worrying about tomorrow will things get done.

I saw a sign on a church the other day. It said, "Is God your steering wheel or your emergency breaks? I thought a lot about this, I could see how someone would use him as the emergency breaks. How many times in my own life do I put myself in a situation and let God pull me out of my own emergency. But God doesn't steer, that is why we have agency. We steer. The question should be do we let God show us the road? We have to steer our lives, but we do not have to follow his path. If our will is aligned with his we will steer our will on the path he wants us on. There will be no need for the emergency break. The road may still be bumpy and rocky, but we for the most part will be able to keep ourselves effectively on his road.

It is funny I feel this way about turning our wills over to God. Mostly because I really do worry over life's next steps. I do have concerns about not knowing where I am going. But I do have faith in my God. If I do follow him, if I trust his directions I will be led to where I need to be. So though the road is hard, and though it is not always clear, we need to stay on it, try our best to follow it. And though I may worry, everything will turn out alright, because in the end God is on my side!

Well all don't forget the reason for the season while amidst the hustle and bustle!

No comments: