Friday, November 11, 2011

Remembering

Today is the day we choose to remember past and present soldiers. Men and women whose choice was to go to war for our rights, our freedoms, a place we all call home. They left their families to take care of our families, they and their families pay high prices at our expense, some even the ultimate price.

I once had the opportunity to visit the American Cemetery at Normandy beach, and other places where men fought just like my grandpas fought. I was touched and it brought a tear to my eye. They fought for us, they fought so that we could retain our peace, our freedoms, and our right to call America home.

I think today the sacrifices of the men and women of our armed forces are overlooked and forgotten. We worry about money, religion, politics, and many more things. But each of those things came at price. May we never forget the lives given so that we can continue to have our rights.

No comments: